Thursday, February 26, 2015

This morning, I, like Henry David Thoreau went for a walk in the woods (no pond was involved, but I am writing about my experience, so I too am now a prolific Transcendentalist). What I learned is that I should have worn thicker socks and maybe a scarf.

St. Albert has a lot of parks and such but there is a little wooded path behind our billet so that is where we chose to walk. I was hoping for a longer walk because the path turned out to be pretty short but it was nice all the same. Mandy lost me at one point because while she kept moving forward to try to stay warm, I heard a woodpecker and needed to stop until I found it; these are the types of things that happen when you ask me to interact with nature.

Thoreau's camera wasn't quite as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment