Thursday, February 19, 2015

That Awkward Moment...

When you see a kid you worked with three weeks ago, but that comes later in the day.

We went for a run Rouleauville Square this morning and by that, I mean I walked while wearing running clothes. The Square isn't much to see although it used to be its own distinct town and later became the French quarter (or something, still not quite sure and a little bit disappointed that we couldn't find a French bakery!). After our run/walk, we ended up at Wave, a little coffee shop that sold very large cinnamon rolls. These things were bigger than my fist and since I'd exercised, I had clearly earned one.

We took the train south of Calgary to go to the movies which only cost us $5! We went to Big Hero 6, which I may or may not have already seen twice, and it was super nice to just relax for a few hours. This, however, was where we saw one of the kids we'd worked with in Cayley. We saw him and both had a moment of, oh, I thought that was... and then we realized that it was, in fact, him. He did not see us which we're pretty thankful for, but it was still extremely awkward.

The train Calgary is very clean and quiet. Like a lot of the places in Europe, it has a bit of an honor system because they never actually check your tickets. We paid for ours anyways because I believe in supporting public transportation. I am a little ticked though because I left my water bottle, aka one of my most prized possessions, at the train station.

We were going to go to the Fine Diner for dinner, a diner so fine that you actually have to make reservations (maybe they take walk-ins, we don't know!), but we decided that heading back to The Big Cheese for some epic poutine and then on to Fat City Frank's for the final chapter of the Calgary milkshake debate was a much better use of our time. Mac and cheese poutine, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment