Thursday, February 26, 2015

Soda Jerks

During auditions, we give ourselves some time to talk by asking the kids a few questions, normally what they like to do or where they like to eat because then it gives us some ideas of where to go. Soda Jerks was one of their suggestions this week.

Now, their tagline is seriously "Burgers & Bottles" so this probably wasn't the place for two vegetarians, one of whom doesn't drink any soda, but away we went. We did, however, see that they sold milkshakes before we went, and that is always a reason for us to go anywhere.

We went with the build-your-own-burger option and I took a picture of my order card because you will not believe some of the options they had. Highlights include:

  • Eggo Waffle buns
  • Peanut butter
  • Strawberry jelly
  • Maple syrup
  • Potato chips
  • Fruit Loops
  • Doritos
  • Fried pickles
  • Calamari
  • Mini donuts
  • Candy bacon
  • Chocolate-covered bacon
  • Mac and cheese

My burger was very boring compared to all of that, but still delicious. It was a tasty veggie patty that had some kick to it!

I also grabbed a pic of the milkshake/drink menu because even though I went with my beloved vanilla, there were a wide variety of options to choose from, including shakes with bacon. You could also add alcohol to any of these for just a few extra bucks -- we didn't. I do wish I hadn't quit the soda at this moment though, because it all came in glass bottles, and isn't that just the greatest?

Now, I took a picture of my meal and shake because certain family members of mine were a little upset that I didn't properly document all of the milkshakes I drank in Calgary. The milkshake I had today was the one I deserved in Calgary. Thick! It came with a spoon (ok, they can always be thicker, but a spoon is a good sign!). Mandy insisted on getting in the pic.
Do you see this?
Rehearsal today was awesome as well! The kids got through the entire show in their first run and that NEVER happens. There was only one bad part of the day -- I fell on some more ice. This time I broke my fall with the other hand and instead of a bruised thumb, I ended up with a bleeding palm. I invested in some more band aids at Target (another closing Target, by the way! How is that even possible?) and now both of my hands hurt.

Now I'm relaxing, watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, excited for the eggs I'll be cooking up for myself in the morning! It's a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment