Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Dear Parents

I thought you should know that the ambiguous, often-misspelled name you lovingly bestowed on me at birth has continued to bewilder the masses; I had to call the hostel we're staying at in Edmonton to confirm that I would be in an all-female dorm instead of an all-male dorm after rechecking my reservation details and realizing that I had gotten two emails with conflicting information.

Everything has been resolved. No worries.
Thomson (yes, it's a girl's name) Jaffe

P.S. Mandy will never let me forget that she thought she had a male tour partner when she first got her casting information.
P.P.S. I will never let Mandy forget that I'm still bitter about the time she encouraged the kids to call me Thomas.
P.P.P.S. They call me Thomas no matter what we say.

No comments:

Post a Comment