Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Galaxie Diner

I love milkshakes and since we can't really drink during the week, milkshakes have become part of our ritual, so before we came here, I looked up where the best milkshakes in Calgary were.

One of these places was the Galaxie Diner and this is where we decided to set off to after the show. Only a mile and a half away!!

Several times during the past few weeks, all of my family members have asked me who are you and what have you done with Thomson? But today at lunch, I asked myself that.

Galaxie has all day breakfast and lunch and endless hash browns with everything. Breakfast looked good but I was in lunch mode so I went with the veggie burger. The burger came with the standard lettuce, mayo, tomato combo plus cheese, onions, banana peppers and sautéed mushrooms. I requested no mushrooms but forgot about the lettuce and tomato but when my burger slowed up, I ate them! Who am I?

It was all very delicious, extremely filling and just a tad pricey but we still has space left for shakes! I got my beloved vanilla and Mandy got apple pie (their most exotic flavor was probably Tiger which was orange and licorice). It was very yummy although I prefer a thicker shake; the hunt for the very best in Calgary is still on, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment