Sunday, March 1, 2015

LA and The Lights

Two weeks from today, I will see the sun!! We found out yesterday that we've got an unbooked week (just like the one we just spent in Calgary) but instead of spending it in Canada, I will be flying to LA to visit some of California's newest residents/my best friends! I booked my flight the very second I could and am freaking out, partially because I am just so excited to see my friends but also because I have nothing to wear... Mandy is going to visit her new nephew, which is cool, BUT I think I'll have a better week because it doesn't get cooler than Ellen Kuhl (and Cara Maiatico and Phil Jampo, but their last names aren't pronounced "cool").

Tonight also brought my very first glimpse of the Northern Lights. I'd been hoping that this might be a perk of being so far north and tonight at dinner, our host family said that these next few days should be good for seeing them except it was cloudy tonight. I crossed my fingers that I'd get to see them some time this week but later this evening, I went upstairs and they pointed out just the tiniest wisp of them. It was just an eerie green sliver and most definitely unimpressive to anyone who lives here but it was very cool to me. When I went to show Mandy, the clouds had resumed their coverage but we might be able to see them in Saskatchewan (where we're headed tomorrow) and I will be ready! (I'll actually be ready tonight as well and I'll check a few more times before bed).

This week was awesome. We had two wonderful shows today and my voice was on point! It always feels good to do the show after all of the hard work but to feel like that show was a true, theatrical success is something totally different and I would say that this was our best week to date. Excited to keep moving and grooving. I can't believe I left home exactly two months ago today and have less than three months of the tour left!

Woah, I can't believe I just typed that last sentence either.

No comments:

Post a Comment