Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Prairie Chickens!


We have seen lots of wildlife during this tour (but still no moose!) but the other night at rehearsal, I looked out the window and saw a whole bunch of strange looking birds just chilling outside. I sort of lost my mind about it because they weren't like any birds I'd ever seen. The kids flipped out too, they said they were prairie chickens and that they were really rare. I looked it up and prairie chickens are super rare, like extirpated-in-most-of-Canada-for-the-better-part-of-40-years rare. The pictures I found online did look pretty similar to what we saw and the internet did say that there have been sightings in SK that do suggest the birds still randomly show up but who knows? I'll trust the kids on this one because it doesn't really matter -- either way, I saw some weird lookin' birds.

In other news, we managed to get lost in Kyle looking for one of the three odd restaurants in town. We figured we'd just drive around until we found it because it was bound to happen eventually but no. We never did find it; we did, however, spend a short amount of time stuck in some snow. Good stuff.

Also, even though the sky has been clearer than a supermodel's skin the past two nights, their have been no sightings of the Northern Lights! The flare (or whatever you call it when the Lights are super bright) was supposed to end yesterday, so that might be it for now, but I WILL see them again before the tour is over (just like I am going to see a moose!!!).

Here are a few highlights from the week:
Also we tell the kids that I really like ice cream (which I really do) and yesterday, I got this beautiful drawing:
"I hope I spelled your name right."

No comments:

Post a Comment