Saturday, March 7, 2015

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Last night, I made my Kyle debut but not as Mrs. Merman/Professor Thumperdumper. No, this week, I was err-body's favorite singin' Starfish. Yes, our show has a country-Western singin' starfish and no, I'm not making that up.

Normally the part is played by a kid, but with such a small cast, it made the most sense to have me step into the role... and costume. We had been told that the costume was hot and it has been the bane of our existence since Day 1, but we actually put kids in this thing?! Unpleasant and a few stronger words come to mind. And sweaty doesn't even begin to cover it.

Favorite quote of the day about the costume was probably when a kid saw me in it for the first time and immediately asked me if I was a chicken. We also made an awesome, Spongebob-inspired vine to commemorate the day.
Yes, I am a chicken.

My own discomfort aside, the kids put on an amazing show. The audience was probably one of the best we've had since we started the tour. and while it wasn't like the whole town showed up, it was pretty darn close. After the show, there was a local hockey game, so we thought we'd be left to clean up everything by ourselves, but nope, the people of Kyle really came out and we had lots of help! Everyone was super enthusiastic and so impressed with what the kids had just done, so it looks like the little red truck might be coming back to this part of Saskatchewan* some day!

After the show, we headed back to our billet and binged on some mac and cheese and took well deserved baths in the jacuzzi tub.

Now it is time for my tour partner to smell the eggs and eggs (vegetarian problems) and I must go wake her up so we can drive to Swift Current for some much needed yoga!

*I just spelled Saskatchewan all by my lonesome, without spell check, for the first time ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment