Sunday, March 15, 2015

Hopped Off the Plane at LAX

With my dream and a cardigan. Or more like my backpack and way too many layers.

Yes, I am back in the States. The US of A. I'm in Los Angeles and Toto, I don't think we're in Cessford anymore.

It is hot here! 22° CELSIUS when I got off the plane at 10 at night. Now nobody uses Celsius here but that is hot. It's supposed to be in the 80s and 90s all week too; I'm going to die of heat stroke.

I'm looking at this week as College 2.0: The West Coast edition. I'm staying with Ellen, Cara and Phil and our friend, Rose totally hijacked my trip and came out to LA as well, so basically I'm about to have a pretty great week.

We celebrated our arrival with In-N-Out Burger which, despite the swarms of people there, didn't impress me too much. Mandy had told me that the whole place was totally over hyped and I have to agree. I got a shake and fries and they definitely weren't anything  special. Ellen ordered "animal fries" off of the secret menu and we still don't know what were in them, but she liked them (I abstained, assuming that "animal" meant meat).

Then it was a drive through LA to their apartment and I'm pretty sure I watched Ellen have a brain anuerism as she tried to drive through the city. It was a tad stressful. I offered to drive because even though I've spent the majority of the past few weeks on empty highways, there isn't anything on the road that can faze me now.

Back at the apartment, we had a good time catching up and then I crashed on the couch. Now it's the morning and everyone needs to wake up so that I can go to Target and buy some shorts!!!

I have friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment