Friday, June 27, 2014

I'm in a Romantic Relationship with Venice

We aren't exclusive yet, but it's getting serious. Whitney and I are in love with this city -- and all we've seen of it so far was just now at night and earlier this afternoon when we were carrying our luggage through the hoards of people, trying not to get run over as we were blinded by our own sweat.

We went out to dinner tonight then walked around for a little bit and it was glorious. I got pizza and Whit got bruschetta and then we made Miss Ungermeyer* proud and got ourselves some gelatto! I also got a drink called a spritz, which my guide book said was a must-have in Venice and for the record, my alcohol cost less than my pizza. I kid you not, pizza costs more than alcohol (at least mine tonight did anyways but I hope that's the norm here).

*If you don't understand the Miss Ungermeyer comment, please educate yourself immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment