Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Second Drive-In

It's pretty rare to find a drive-in restaurant (unless you're Guy Fieri, apparently) which is why it's crazy that Oshkosh has not one but two! Yesterday we went to Ardy & Ed's and today we went to Leon's. We preferred Ardy & Ed's for a couple of reasons, but drive-in #2 was also cool.

The first reason that I liked Ardy & Ed's more was that there was more stuff I could actually eat there. Leon's wasn't very veggie-friendly; they didn't have any real options for me, just a hot ham & cheese sandwich that I had to order sans ham. It turned out to be a slice of melted cheese on a hamburger bun. It only cost 84 cents so that was pretty cool, but not the most filling lunch. I got a frozen custard sundae -- the hot fudge brownie sundae -- to fill me up the rest of the way. I didn't get dessert at Ardy & Ed's so it's hard to compare them, but I did enjoy my sundae.

Another cool thing to happen this week is we ended up with DVDs from a previous residency. They're super professional looking. I don't have a DVD drive on my laptop, so I can't play it, but Jas and I watched parts of it on his computer and it looks awesome. The videographer included lots of special features and fun extras so I'm glad that if I was going to end up with a DVD of any of my residencies it's this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment