Friday, March 18, 2016

Frozen Custard is My New Religion

Today was show day, which meant that tonight was eat-whatever-I-want-for-dinner night. I had leftover mac and cheese pizza and some veggies that I'd made earlier in the week but I wanted something sweet, so I made Jas drive to Culver's because it was time to try some of their frozen custard!

I decided against a backwards dinner -- with dessert coming first, so that meant buying a pint and taking it with me. Culver's has a flavor of the day but when the day is done, they pack the rest of it up for sale, so I basically had 17 days worth of flavors to pick from -- that's a lot of flavors! Ok, I'm not actually sure I had all 17 options because some might have already sold out, but they take their custard seriously here. In fact, today's flavor was Cookie Dough Craving and the flavor I ended up getting was Crazy for Cookie Dough, and yes, there is a difference!

Jas got fried cheese curds and I don't think there have ever been two more dairy obsessed people than us right now. Getting frozen custard at Culver's might have been the best and worst decision of my life. Best because it was delicious and I'm a lucky girl, worst because I now know just how heavenly it is and am going to want to go all the time. And heavenly really is the word for it, which is why I'm creating a religion dedicated to frozen custard (just don't tell the people who are paying for my trip to Israel!).

No comments:

Post a Comment