Thursday, March 31, 2016

Oshkosh B'gosh

In this round of "Thomson Wrote a Blog Post About Something That Happened Yesterday", let me tell you about my Wednesday.

Jas and I did our regular Wednesday routine of breakfast, gym and The Flash before heading to the Oshkosh outlets. It's a giant outlet mall. Yay shopping! Jas needed some new sneakers and he was my ride, so I went along. I did get a bouncy ball at Old Navy (because it was 25 cents and a freaking bouncy ball) but the coolest part for me was taking a picture outside of the Oshkosh B'gosh store because who gets to say they saw Oshkosh B'gosh in Oshkosh?

After the outlets, I needed sustenance, so we drove to Ardy & Ed's Drive-In, which was another place the kids had told us about.
It was an honest to goodness drive-in restaurant! We didn't have to get out of the truck to get our food, which was great because it was raining and I don't like getting wet. I got the deluxe fish sandwich with fries AND a postcard. Ok, the postcard wasn't part of the meal, but they did have postcards there!

After that, we went to the EAA AirVenture Museum which is a museum for old and new airplanes. Jas did the flight simulator and flew us into a tree... And a building... And things he probably wasn't supposed to fly into. They did have a movie about a big flight convention thing where a whole ton of people flew 1940s airplanes from Hartford, WI (where we were two weeks ago) to Oshkosh, WI (where we are now). It obviously didn't take them two weeks to get here, but it was kind of cool. I got a postcard here as well.

After that we went to work, because, contrary to popular belief, doing strange stuff and eating good food actually isn't what we get paid to do (I sure wish it was though!).



No comments:

Post a Comment