Sunday, March 27, 2016

We Might Have a Slight Taco Problem (And Everything Else That Has Happened Since I Last Posted)

So, I've had all sorts of internet issues and haven't been able to post all of my photos or any of my thoughts for a while now! During my week in Hartford, I had internet but it was slow and I wasn't able to upload any photos, so here are photos of my yummy cupcakes in Milwaukee and second trip to BelAir Cantina.

Classy Girl Cupcakes
After Milwaukee, we headed to Western Springs, IL, where I had WiFi but no time. I don't know how I went a whole week without blogging, but more importantly, I don't know how any of you went a whole week without reading!!!

So, here is my week -- the Sparknotes version:

Sunday: We drove to Western Springs and then drove to O'Hare to pick up our friend, Taylor Ann. I then took Jas and Taylor Ann to Portillo's because I know my tour partner and I knew he would love everything about that place. He got cheese fries and I got a cake shake. Last time I went to Portillo's, I got a regular vanilla shake, but this time, I went for their special, which is a slice of chocolate cake blended up in a shake. It was insanity. I think the deliciousness alone took a year off my life (the unhealthy factor took off at least three). After that, we bummed around the city until dinner time where we went to Lou Malnati's for some Chicago deep dish and a reunion with my original tour partner extraordinaire, Mandy Belscamper!

Monday: Auditions and laundry day. Nothing incredible happened here except that we introduced Taylor Ann to jalapeno popper mac and cheese! So yes, I guess that technically, something beyond incredible actually happened.

Tuesday: After rehearsal, we went back into Chicago to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I kind of used this week as an excuse to relive some of the best parts of my visit to Chicago in February. I took Taylor Ann and Jas to get pizza at Pequod's and cupcakes at Sweet Mandy B's. They approved of both! I got two cupcakes at Sweet Mandy B's this time and while I was on the fence about them last time when I just got a chocolate cupcake, their snickerdoodle and red velvet cupcakes were both amazing.

Wednesday: We were lazy. Jas and I realized that we were both exhausted and needed some serious downtime so we all just watched TV.

Thursday: This was the day that Jas had been waiting for since before I knew him. Thursday was the day where Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice came out. Thursday was exciting for me for another reason! I went to the Seven Dwarfs Diner in Wheaton, IL! That doesn't sound like a big deal but it was because Wheaton is where my dad lived until he was eight and Seven Dwarfs is where my Uncle Rob had his first job! I got a grilled cheese sandwich and fries PLUS some very yummy chocolate ice cream. After dessert, it was time to go to the movie... actually, after dessert, we still had like three hours, so we went to Target and then we went to the movie. We went to a really nice movie theatre; Jas bought our tickets and went all out! Apparently he refused to let there be any confusion, so he got us reserved seats, but not only were they assigned, but they were huge, reclining leather seats. It was a very, very, very comfortable way to watch a movie.

Friday: SHOW DAY! We didn't do anything too crazy because we had a show to put on! Still lots of fun though! (We went to Giordano's for deep dish... that makes three deep dish pizzas in one week. No complaints here).

Saturday: SHOW DAY 2.0! This show was extra special because Mandy came! Yup, tour partner #1 saw me in a show with tour partner #3 in a theatre that was run by a former TAD while another TAD friend was standing in as our light board operator. It's a small world out here. I only got to see Mandy for like a minute but I'm so glad that she came and got to see me play my dream role of Sinbad the Sailor (small cast, long story). After the show, we packed up and headed to Jas's homestay where we cooked dinner, ate cake and watched Inside Out.

Sunday: AKA Today. We got up early, drove past O'Hare to pick up Taylor Ann, then drove Taylor Ann to O'Hare and then headed towards Oshkosh, Wisconsin (which is where I am now). Now, it isn't Easter Sunday without tacos, or at least that's what I'm telling myself because our drive to Oshkosh took us straight through Milwaukee which means that we needed to make our third pilgrimage to BelAir Cantina. We might have a slight taco problem... Although in terms of being addicted to things, taco addiction is highly treatable -- with more tacos. I don't think they understand just how much their tacos mean to us... I've already told Jas that if he ever goes back there without me, I will be deeply hurt and upset. I tried three new tacos today and of course I have photographic evidence. I got the black bean and corn taco, port-queso taco and the caulifornia taco (yes, caulifornia and not California because cauliflower). I think port-queso (mushrooms, queso fundido, black beans and radish chimichurri) took the crown today, except in reality, I'm the winner here because I got tacos. BelAir should probably be paying me instead of the other way around at this point... I then finished the drive to Oshkosh while Jas slept through all of the nasty, gray weather.

For those of you wondering, yes, Oshkosh B'gosh started in Oshkosh, WI or if you're Jas, Oshkosh B'gosh is actually a clothing company and I'm not just making fun of the name of our residency...

No comments:

Post a Comment