Thursday, March 31, 2016

I Licked the Bowl

Jas and I agree on a lot of things (it's what makes us such good partners) but the thing we probably agree upon the most is that eating is our number one reason for existing. Everything else in the universe is nice too but eating is definitely at the top of our to do list. We also agree that this job is perfect for people like us -- people who love food (and maybe theatre and kids sometimes) -- because we get to try so many different dining establishments!

Yesterday we discovered what I would say is a top 10 of the tour. Maybe a top 10 of life. We always ask the kids during auditions, where do we go to get sugar? Ok, that isn't actually what we say, we say something along the lines of "Jas and I aren't from around here, so we don't know what there is to do in the area BUT there is one thing we really love and that is ice cream, so when I say go and not before, we'd like you to talk to your neighbor -- that's the person sitting to your left or to your right, not your actual neighbor who lives next door to you but is sitting across the circle from you -- about where your favorite place to go get ice cream is and what we should get when we go there." There is always at least one kid in the group who doesn't like ice cream and suggests that we go somewhere else and this week, they suggested that we go to Tamara's Cake Guru, which we did yesterday.

Ok, they didn't just suggest that we go to Tamara's, they told us that this place has like 50+ flavors of jumbo filled cupcakes and that we needed to go there.

So, we did that and I'm not sure what we were expecting, but we got a lot more than we'd bargained for. First of all, they don't just have 50+ flavors, they have 500 rotating flavors! Not all are available at once, obviously, but the ones that were available yesterday were insane. I got two cupcakes because with that many choices, one wasn't enough. I settled on triple chocolate (because chocolate) and the lick the bowl cupcake, which is basically like a pint of Ben and Jerry's half baked ice cream except in cake form.

Let me break down the lick the bowl cupcake. It was a chocolate cupcake with a cookie dough filling, brownie batter frosting topped with a scoop of cookie dough and a mini-brownie. Holy crow. I don't know how I ate the whole thing in a single sitting but I did it! I took a before picture where it is pretty in all of it's confectionery glory and then I took an after picture where it looks like the victim of a particular gruesome snack time incident.

So, yeah, I "licked the bowl." And I probably would have licked the counter top and maybe the floor if there'd been any cupcake there as well.

I'm also proud to report that the triple chocolate cupcake was as good -- chocolate cupcake, chocolate frosting, chocolate filling and a chocolate coma for yours truly! Happy eating, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment