Monday, November 9, 2015

Why WiFi?!

Another residency, another cabin without WiFi. This fall seems to be the season without WiFi, although now this fall is starting to look a lot like winter… Because, snow.

I posted about some flurries in Lolo, but now I’m in a part of Montana that has gotten full-blown snow. Snow that has actually accumulated on the ground. Snow that found its way into my sneakers. Cold, wet, slushy snow.

We’ve got a residency in Harrison, MT but are staying six miles away in Pony in our very own little cabin. Once again, I am staying somewhere that makes up for its lack of internet with dead animals. We aren’t really out in the wilderness here, but we are out on a dirt road!

Cabin

After arriving and drying off my socks, I put on my boots and went for a walk in Pony. I discovered that they have an actual Pony – several actually. There are the few live ones across the street and then there is this one at the top of a hill. Apparently Pony’s Pony has some sort of snow-melting powers, because the rest of town is, as I’ve reported, covered in slush.

No WiFi but lots of dead animals
When I returned to the little cabin, I decided to treat myself to some hot chocolate, because after all, it’s decided to be winter here. While I used a traditional mix for my warm beverage, I am thinking that there might be more hot chocolate in my future, except with protein powder. They say you can add it to pancake mix, so why not warm milk? We shall see if this works or not.
The one plus about this cabin that has eluded us at others is cable. This cabin has cable! So I will be watching Food Network, rereading Twilight and typing up blog posts to publish when I eventually have WiFi for the rest of the week.


P.S. They say all roads lead to Rome and while that might be true, what they haven’t told you is that there are only like three roads and I’ve driven all of them apparently. Seriously! Last weekend’s drive was literally a backwards repeat of my first ever drive day and I just realized that I drove through Harrison in September on my way down to Lander, WY!

No comments:

Post a Comment