Friday, November 27, 2015

Four-Ingredient Protein Pancakes

So obviously, if I'm going to write about food today, I should be writing about the amazing Thanksgiving feast I partook in last night, but I'm going to write about something else.

Lies! First I'm going to write a little bit about Thanksgiving. We took a really cute photo last night that I need to get from my aunt so that I can share it with you! Thanksgiving also involved Christmas crackers and a lot of food! The turkey was very tempting, but I stayed strong!

Now, back to today. This morning, I made two-, three- and four-ingredient protein pancakes. I wrote about the monstrous pancakes I had in St. Ignatius last week and how I am basically an expert on this subject. Pancakes are definitely one of the things I miss most when I'm on the road, but I recently read about how to make pancakes with just bananas and eggs. Yes, bananas and eggs. I got conflicting reports from the internet about whether or not it was necessary to add anything else to these pancakes, so I decided to try a few variations. Now, the reason they're protein pancakes is because no matter how you do it, eggs are essentially the main ingredients, so there's your protein -- although I did read about adding vanilla protein powder to them (I only have chocolate powder on the road, so I didn't do that).

My life on the road has been changed forever! I can find bananas and eggs anywhere!!! This means I can basically have pancakes anywhere.

The first two-ingredient incarnation was one banana and two eggs. It didn't look the most appetizing, but I gave it a shot. Unsurprisingly, it cooked a lot more like an egg than like a pancake, but it did taste decent. The third ingredient I added was a dash of cinnamon (I ended up with more cinnamon than I'd intended, so like two and a half dashes). The cinnamon didn't really change the texture of the pancakes but it did add some extra flavor. Next I added a little bit of flour and this is when the pancakes ended up really looking like pancakes. They were really good! Not St. Ignatius good, but still! And like I said, this revelation means that I can have pancakes anywhere! I might even buy a few individual packets of vanilla protein powder just for the purpose of making protein pancakes!

I'll work on getting the Thanksgiving photo to share with all of you, but until then, enjoy this picture of my revolutionary breakfast.

Four-ingredient Protein Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment