Sunday, November 1, 2015

More from the Beckster

So, I finished Travels with Charley! It might be sacrilegious to call John Steinbeck the Beckster but I'm doing it (I actually did it in a post a few days ago but consistency is key). Before I go back to blogging about my own adventures and not someone else's, there were a few more quotes that I wanted to share!

The first one is "I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it's difficult to analyze love when you're in it." I have spent a lot of time in Montana this year. I've spent more time here than in any other state or country (yes, my weeks in Montana now outweigh all the time I spent in Canada) and I think this quote holds true.

The next quote, I felt like I needed to share/dedicate to Amanda Belscamper. I have never been to Texas but I learned  all sorts of things about it when we were on tour together (to clarify: I definitely knew more about the history of Texas than Mandy ever has/will despite taking "Texas History" classes all through elementary school, but she taught me other things), so when I came upon the following quote, I wanted to blog about it: "Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." I'm not sure how true that is because I, unlike John Steinbeck and Amanda Belscamper, have never been to Texas, but from everything I know about Mandy, it seems like the truth.

And now it's back to me and my life, although I am looking for another book to read (once I complete gender-bent Twilight that I took a short hiatus from... sorry not sorry).

No comments:

Post a Comment