Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ah, the Pearly Gates

I am currently writing from Missoula, MT, also known as home base, but I'm not unbooked or checking in or training, I actually have a residency one town over in Lolo but my homestay just happens to be in Missoula.

So, in the past 24 hours, I've managed to do quite a lot... Oh, the joys of civilization.

Actually, the school I'm working at might not be a part of civilization. It is questionable, but the views are amazing. The school is actually about 20 miles away from where I'm staying and has absolutely no cell reception (you win some, you lose some).

When I arrived at the school for the first time yesterday, I heard cows. Yes, cows. They're just chilling across the street. No biggie. Ok, yes, biggie, cows are large animals. Even after all this time, that sort of stuff is still kind of surreal.

I will say that it is chilly out here and I had to break out the first thermal shirt of the season -- the thumb holes are back, people!

Good morning, Montana
It's been grey and awful these past two days though, but that didn't stop me from going out after rehearsal today. I ran a lot of errands which doesn't sound blog worthy, but it is when you consider how difficult it usually is for me to get anything anywhere. I went to CVS and then I went to visit the tour office.

We needed to get a few things from them and I also wanted to say hi. Why I need a whole bunch of clamps is a long story, but I ended up with a sort of Christmas tree, along with getting my most recent pay stub. I don't think we'll actually need all of these, but better safe than sorry!

Next, I saw the pearly gates of Heaven as I walked into Target. I luvvv Target. I might have to go back to Target before I leave because I don't know when I'll see another one! For anyone who is wondering, I bought moisturizer and concealer -- gotta keep my skin looking good!!

I headed just a few feet down the road to Sports Authority because I need new sneakers. Mine are only a few months old, but they look like I've been wearing them for years. I guess that's what you get when you only wear one pair of shoes all day every day... So, now I have a new pair of sneakers; they're like the next generation of the shoes I've been wearing and I'm excited to break them in. On a side note, I don't spend a ton of money on shoes, but walking through Sports Authority, I realized that if I'm ever going to pay $110 for running shoes, they better do the running for me!

Next, it was time for some grub and because I'm in civilization, I was able to go to Five Guys! I love Five Guys and there are only like two in the entire state of Montana and one of them is in Missoula. Even though I don't eat burgers anymore, I still love Five Guys and now I have a reason to love them even more -- apparently, in my time away from the real world, Five Guys has started selling milkshakes!!!! I didn't get one tonight but apparently they have all sorts of different flavors (and you can add bacon to all of them). I did, however, take my dinner to go so I could get home and out of the nasty weather and the truck might smell like french fries for the next few months... Sorry not sorry! It was 100% worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment