Monday, November 16, 2015

St. Ignatius Mission

So, because my last post was kind of depressing (winter storm advisory?! Really? Thank goodness I'm headed to California in a few days...), I figured I would post something happier, or at least, prettier than that neon orange screen shot I uploaded in my last post.

This morning, I visited the St. Ignatius Mission. The mission was founded in 1854 and the church was built in the 1890s and listed on the US National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Apparently the gorgeous frescoes were done by an untrained artist/brother who also served as the mission's cook. It was also, apparently, a Jesuit mission, so shout out to my boys at BC High!


Apparently, St. Ignatius is on the Flathead Indian Reservation, which I did not know, but I guess would explain the presence of a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment