Monday, May 20, 2013

The Flight


THE FLIGHT 
Departure: 5/19/13 - 11:15am
Arrival: 20/5/13 (foreign people write the date that way and when in Rome...but really, I'm in Johannesburg) - 7:24 am


We left DSU at 5 am and other than my announcing my presence on the bus at the top of my lungs, not much happened until we got to the airport.

...Airport security...

After a small game of Tetris in reorganizing our seats on the plane (long story that I don't even fully understand), we were able to get off the ground!

Plane food:
Dinner: I went with the chicken. Not so great, but it came with rolls and I had Oreos in  my bag, so I'd call it a draw.  
Breakfast: Served promptly at 3:40 am SA time, it definitely out-did dinner. I went with the chicken again, this time in the form of scrambled eggs. It came with "bacon" but really this bacon was ham; the difference in our cultures is now painfully obvious to me.

Lots of entertainment options. I mostly watched movies, but I did spend a large amount of time watching the little map that was tracking our course and the exercise tips for avoiding blood clots. 

Speaking of blood clots, my plan for an active flight was largely thwarted by a middle seat. I tried to get up and move around but I mostly just wiggled my feet. I shall now pray for a medical miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment