Friday, May 24, 2013

Mucking Afazing

Today was mucking afazing. I'm not trying to be crude, "mucking afazing" is actually the slogan of Charly's Bakery, the Cake Boss of Cape Town. I got a "wicked chocolate cupcake," because chocolate is obviously amazing and anything that has the word, "wicked" in front of it has to be good. I made the right choice! My cupcake was the richest thing I've ever eaten, and to top it off (literally), it had "eat me" frosted on top and how can you disobey a cupcake?

We stopped by St. Mary's!!! It's going to be a great time and I can't wait to start there on Monday.

At lunch, I snuck over to the grown up table to ask Nicki Azima (our lovely guide) what life was like for a white South African during the apartheid and post-apartheid eras. I had lots of questions and luckily, she and her husband, Harry, had lots of answers.

We went to Greenmarket Square for -- you guessed it! -- more shopping! I'm definitely getting close to shopped out, but don't tell the rest of the group that because they don't look like they'll ever stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment