Sunday, September 27, 2015

No, U-da-ho.

Ok, that blog title isn't exactly appropriate but it's funny. To me at the very least.

I am in the state of everyone's favorite starch -- the potato -- Idaho.

I am unbooked for the week and thought, well, I've never been to Idaho, so here I am.

On my drive here, I got to see a lot. One of my favorite parts was crossing the state border into Idaho -- just long enough to take the picture you see above -- before driving back into Wyoming to finally drive back into Idaho. Along with seeing a lot, I also got like 3/4th of the way through Gulliver's Travels, which I only started this morning -- I figured that a book about traveling was the way to go although I'm not sure how I feel about it.

During that mini-trip back into Wyoming, I drove through Afton, WY, which has the world's largest elk antler arch. I didn't know that was a thing. How could I have been so ignorant for all these years?! (But I did tell you that everyone in Wyoming uses antlers in all of their decorating a few days ago).

Once I got back in Idaho, I decided to stop and get some ice cream, but not just any ice cream. Rainey Creek's world famous square ice cream. Once again, how did I not know this was a thing? It is world famous, after all.

I am now chilling at the Airbnb bunk that I booked myself in Driggs, ID. It is my first time staying at an Airbnb which is kind of like a hostel/hotel situation except that it is someone's house. So it's a homestay that I'm paying for essentially. This one is definitely more like a hostel than others I've read about. I'm in a room with three bunk beds, although only one other bunk I've taken. I've seen others where it is legit just someone's extra room or even their couch. I don't think I'm desperate enough to ride a stranger's couch for $30 a night... yet. But this place seems totally fine.

Now, I have no idea what there is to do in Driggs. Like I said before, I basically came to Idaho for the novelty of coming to Idaho and this was the absolute cheapest place I could stay. I shall find out soon enough though because my belly is rumbling and I think it's nearly time to find some dinner -- probably potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment