Sunday, September 20, 2015

Last Night in Lander

Ok, the title of this post has a bit of a double meaning. I'm talking about my last night in Lander, but I'm also going to include things that happened last night, so it's like two last nights.

Last, last night, aka Friday, we finally figured out how to get WiFi in the cabin. Better late than never, I guess.

Before that, I went downtown and picked us up a few copies of the Lander Journal. Now, my I say that I was very impressed with the heft of the newspaper? Not only that, but they publish bi-weekly! Good for them. Well, I didn't pick this up just to read about how a Lander girl won the design contest for Wyoming Susan G. Komen or any of the other interesting stories I now have at my disposal, I did it for their little blurb about MCT! Did I make the front page? No, I did not. Did Katrina, Aladdin's mother and the vagabonds? Yes, they did! I tried to take a better picture than the one you see on your right, but that just wasn't happening and beggars/blog readers can't be choosers.

Last night, we also made the kids fight to the death! Not really, we had a little contest to see which group could be the BIGGEST and MOST EXPRESSIVE! (Those words must always be shouted and acted out with large, exaggerated gestures). The camels won and I was responsible for giving away the prize -- which was the opportunity to see their costume before the rest of the cast. Naturally, I couldn't just show them, I had to show them.

Wearing the camel costume is kind of like an Aladdin right of passage, so it was about time it finally happened!

The camel's head might need some love one of these days. It's a little droopy.

Now today, which is also my last night in Lander, for real, was the first show day of the fall tour! I finally got to make the joke I had been dying to make all week!


It's a genie on a genie!!! I'm so funny! And adorable.


Time to say goodbye to Lander and Katrina and hello to Lyman and my new partners, Taylor Ann and Kayla (yeah, I'm getting two partners, it's insane).

No comments:

Post a Comment