Friday, August 28, 2015

Better Late Than Never

I have been lazy with my blog since returning home! But it is a travel blog and I'm technically not traveling at the moment.

First off: Tattoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty neat, right?
So how did I get home after spending the most awesome birthday weekend ever with the bestest sister ever? Well, that is a planes, trains and automobiles ordeal (minus the trains -- there weren't any trains involved). Whitney dropped me off at the airport a few hours earlier than I needed to be there so that she could play some lacrosse. This left me time to wander, although I never did walk all the way down to Terminal E, which is where Whitney likes to go to get Pinkberry when she flies out of Charlotte -- she even has a special song to declare her love of their frozen yogurt and her quest to find it -- never destined to be a Billboard Top 40. Moving on. I was flying from Charlotte to Baltimore and then Baltimore to Boston on Southwest. I'd never flown Southwest before but they legit give you a number! They don't have real seat assignments! You just check in, get a number, and fight it out once you've gotten on the plane.

Regardless of whether I loved or hated their seating arrangement, I did hate hearing that my flight was going to be delayed due to bad weather. PSA to everyone who has ever flown or ever will fly: shouting about how upset you are that you flighter has been delayed will not clear up a thunderstorm hundreds of miles away. It just won't and you're shouting in my ear. An hour later, we got the call that we were good to go and it was time to line up. My ticket was 38B which isn't the greatest number to have -- it means that #A1-60 and B1-37 have boarded in front of me -- and is closer to the end. I was in line and they'd boarded all of A and B1-30 when they got a call that the flight had been delayed again! Half of the plane had gotten on and was stuck. Thank B38 that I wasn't one of those people! So I sat back down and watched more drama unfold. I was told that this delay would mean that I was going to miss my connecting flight, which really freaked me out and was standing in line trying to get rebooked when I was told that my connecting flight had also been delayed and that I should get on the plane. They kept going back and forth on this and I spent at least an hour totally convinced that I would never see Boston again, but I eventually did get on the plane (managed to snag an aisle seat!) and flew to Baltimore.
BALTIMORE
Flying to Baltimore, however, did not mean that my flight to Boston would still be waiting for me and that meant a mad dash through the terminal after my flight had landed. Luckily for me, my flight to Boston was boarding as I spring up to the line! I was officially Boston bound. Once I was sitting on the plane -- having found a comfy window seat -- I managed to collect another geotag in Baltimore (one must always make time for Snapchat in these serious moments).

And then I was home! Thank goodness!

Since returning home, I've mainly vedged out. I got a 30 days of unlimited yoga for $30 deal and have caught up on lots of TV.

I was reminded that I needed to blog when I realized that I had never shared my fall itinerary! I'll be back in Montana for the most part, zig-zagging all over the place (obviously). Now ladies and gentlemen (or Mom and Dad), I proudly present my intinerary!
9/14-9/19 - Lander, WY
9/21-9/26 - Lyman, WY
10/5-10/10 - Bridger, MT
10/19-10/24 - Helena, MT
10/26-10/31 - Wolf Point, MT
11/9-11/14 - Harrison, MT
11/16-11/21 - St. Ignatius, MT
11/30-12/5 - Amsterdam, MT
12/7-12/12 - Trout Creek, MT

Zig and zag

I'll work on collecting population counts as I prepare for the coming autumnal months!

No comments:

Post a Comment