Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 2: Two New States and Another Country

Another long day in the truck. 613.1 miles in the truck through four states AND Canada. We started the day in New York (which is where we ended yesterday, so it would make sense) and had our first pit stop at TIM HORTON'S! Thank you, Upstate New York, for a taste of Canada.

Our second pit stop was in Canada (sort of). Technically, we stopped on the New York side of Niagara Falls before crossing into Ontario, but poetic license! Niagara Falls had a few quality geotags (along with it being Niagara Falls).

I'm cute.
Melissa had never been out of the country so I figured that since driving through Ontario on our way back to Missoula only added on 10 minutes to our 40-hour trip, what was the difference? Ontario was not very interesting. Sorry not sorry! But going through border patrol to get back into the US was far more intense than it ever was in the entire winter/spring. There was an actual wait! We had to sit in a long line of cars. There was also a fee, like excuse you. Also, it didn't matter if you paid the fee in US or Canadian funds, it was $3.50 either way, which I say is bull because I know just how bad the exchange rate is these days!

Well, we got back into Michigan, which is my 25th state of the tour. Yes, I have been in/through 25 different states this summer (and another Canadian province that I hadn't been to before). Nothing much happened in Michigan except that we started listening to Go Set a Watchman which is horrible. It is so bad that it hurts! I loved listening to To Kill a Mockingbird but this book is a mess and HarperCollins should feel ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of Harper Lee in her old age (which is what they've done without a doubt). Melissa and I are now trying to explain Go Set a Watchman to her brother and it's not going well... we don't actually know what the plot is.

After that, we drove into Indiana (State #26) which was great for me because I spent a year and a half of high school in Indiana, and now I can finally say that I've been there.

Now we're at Melissa's house where we shall be spending the night before another long drive tomorrow.

Also, in a wonderfully strange turn of events, Mandy and I might be miles apart, but we coordinated outfits today. I kid you not. Photographic evidence below:

1 comment:

  1. I almost wore my Chinook Sugarbeeters shirt today too ... how I could have had karma with Mandy I don't know, but with you ... woulda been cool.

    ReplyDelete