Wednesday, August 12, 2015

2805 Miles Later...

And we're finally back in Missoula. I seriously never thought we would make it. Seriously, I think I spent a good part of North Dakota convinced that I was dying, but here we are!

So, what happened on the day that marks the end of this very special adventure? I shall now tell you.
Not much actually happened, but I did have a thought of thoughts and a lot of time to think these thoughts so this is actually going to be a decent length post.

To start off, we left at 5:30 in the morning and if that isn’t a great way to start the day, you just know that you’re going to have a super, awesome, wonderful day when you get on the highway and the GPS tells you to turn in 756 miles. I did see a shooting star before the sun came up, so that’s a plus.

We drove through the Grassland National Park. I was the one driving, so no photographs, but I would like to point out to the Parks Organization that all of North Dakota is grass, so I don’t know how anyone can figure out when they’re coming or going.

We also drove past “Home on the Range.” I didn’t realize that this was an actual place. But it is, with an exit on the highway and everything today and I know this because we past it. We didn’t get off because underneath the sign that denoted the exit was another sign that said “No Services.”
We also passed a sign for “Bad Route Road.” Poor planning, Montana! Why would you do that to yourselves? Aren’t things hard enough without giving your streets a complex by naming them such horribly depressing things? We also passed a sign that said “Welcome to Beef Country.” I didn’t need that sign, I know, Montana, I know.


We stopped in Livingston, MT, for gas. Now I haven’t been keeping tabs on everywhere we’ve stopped for gas the past four days but my mom’s cousin lives in Livingston, so I thought that was sort of cool. I got a F’Real shake because I wanted one and after four days, I deserve it.

After that, it was smooth sailing to Missoula. I'm headed to a yoga class soon because what is a better way of recovering from days of being crunched up in a ball than tying yourself into a knot?

Also, way to up your game on the geotags, Missoula. Much better than in May...

No comments:

Post a Comment