Wednesday, August 19, 2015

You Know It's a Good Day When...

...it begins and ends with Teen Wolf and that is exactly what happened today.

As I said, the day started with Teen Wolf. I got up before Mandy and caught up on last night's episode while she slept in. She didn't actually sleep in very late because we left for our hike at 9:30am. In a twist of events that I'm sure surprises no one, we got lost. What can I say? Old habits are hard to break! We never found the trail Mandy had set out to find but we did have a nice time and got some pretty views of the bay (or Bay? or is it bae? That last one was a joke, but I'm really not sure about the capitalization rules of San Franciscan bodies of water). 

After hiking up, down and all around, we got back in Mandy's car and headed to Amy's Drive Thru. Amy's Drive Thru isn't any restaurant, it's a fast food restaurant, but not just fast food -- America's first vegetarian fast food restaurant. At least, I think it's the first, but either way, it's a rarity that Mandy waited to try until I arrived here. We were really excited to go here -- Mandy's friend had given it his stamp of approval (he had said there were limited options but we thought they had plenty of stuff -- this is what happens when the meat eaters are forced to look at our side of the menu). It was really cute and very tasty. I hope it catches on because while I doubt they'll be popping up in rural Montana any time soon, it would be nice to have the option of something fast on the road. 

After that, we fit in some Teen Wolf. After months of rolling her eyes at my Teen Wolf obsession, Mandy decided that it was time to give the show a chance! Victory is mine!!! Not only did I get her to watch it, but she's hooked! Hehehehehehehehe

Despite hiking for two hours, we hit the gym in the afternoon and then went got takeout for dinner (we couldn't waste time sitting in an actual restaurant when there are five seasons of Teen Wolf for Mandy to catch up on!). We didn't just go to any place to pickup our dinner, we went to Homeroom. Homeroom is "a restaurant dedicated to the best food on earth: macaroni and cheese." This restaurant might just be the greatest place on Earth.
It shall be mine!
Mandy went here right after she moved this summer and told me that they actually had a mac and cheese cookbook -- a cookbook that we'd seen on a shopping trip somewhere on our journey together that she said was the perfect book for me. I'd always debated buying it but am happy to say that this morning, I realized I had an Amazon giftcard and went for it. The book should be arriving at home at the same time I do! We got the jalapeno popper mac which was spicy and yummy and wonderful.

As we were filling our bellies with the cheesy deliciousness of cheese covered noodles, we filled our brains with Teen Wolf and eventually hit the hay, excited to have one more full day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment