Friday, July 3, 2015

Things I Love: FREEDOM

Today was our last day in Philly/first day in Yardley. You may have never heard of Yardley, but it is the location of the Bajor/Strine wedding -- more on that later.

Today, we visited the LOVE statue in Philadelphia. Even though there are a lot of these statues in the world (including on in Israel -- see Whitney's Instagram), this is the city of Brotherly Love after all! I also wanted a picture with the statue because I am wearing my new favorite shirt! It says "FREEDOM" (just in case you can't read it and don't feel like zooming in). "Freedom" -- typically pronounced FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!! -- was sort of the catchphrase of the winter/spring after I won a bet over Mandy and one of our bosses, Kevin. It remains our greeting of choice for Kevin as well because a) who doesn't like an inside joke and b) I want him to remember that I was victorious for as long as I work for MCT. I also wanted to wear this shirt today because I won't be able to wear it tomorrow, which would be the day most people would want to wear this shirt.

After the LOVE statue, we went to the Franklin Institute, which I thought was a little disappointing. A lot of the exhibits were broken, unfortunately, and the nice ones cost extra! The Planetarium was closed so we got to see a 3D movie and as former mermaids, we decided that we would go see The Last Reef. I was excited to learn more about coral reefs but instead, I spent 20 minutes feeling guilty about my CO2 emissions. After the Franklin Institute, we returned to the Franklin Fountain for milkshakes. This was such a good choice! The ice cream was good, but the milkshake was amazing. Thank God I don't live here because I know that if I did, I would be broke and fat within a month!

After that, we waited for Rose to come collect us! Visiting the LOVE statue this morning was also a good thing because love is in the air! I am writing to you from Yardley, PA, home of the Bajor/Strine wedding where two of my very good friends will be tying the knot tomorrow afternoon. I've never been to a friend's wedding before and am very excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment