Saturday, July 18, 2015

If I Had One Wish...

I should clarify that I was at The West Point this last week, like the famous military academy. I don't think there is another West Point in New York, but my mom asked me this morning so I figured that I should mention it.

On Thursday, we got the opportunity to walk around West Point and see some spectacular views. We went to Trophy Point, which is kind of like an outdoor museum and amphitheater. It doesn't have great views or anything... Just kidding, it's gorgeous and while we were there, a helicopter was landing on a field across the street, because why not? I've lived on the east coast for a long time and yet, it continues to surprise me, but I don't think that's a bad thing!


Yesterday was show day, but that didn't stop up from checking out a local winery in the morning. We visited Brotherhood Winery which is the oldest winery in America, circa 1839. We got to do a tour and tasting. I would like to say that I learned about wine, but I didn't. It was really beautiful. I got to try some really good wine, apparently Bill Clinton served Brotherhood's Riesling at State dinners, so that was good to know.

It was a really lovely week and so, I end this post and my week in West Point with something a kid said to me as he returned his costume, "If I had a real genie and one wish, I would wish that you would come back and do another play with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment