Sunday, July 5, 2015

#StrinePartyofTwo

I have been to a wedding now. Technically speaking, I went to a wedding when I was a little kid but I still don't know whose wedding it was, so I don't think it counts.
I stole this off of their Facebook
I will say that I am really stupid when it comes to wedding. Rose, who is number six out of 10 children, is my go-to wedding guru and has been helping me navigate this world. What no one told me was that the line on the RSVP card that said "I will dance if you play..." was meant to be used to request a song because I wrote "music?" and I guess I looked like a jerk.

Do you know who looked beautiful? The bride. Of course she did, she's already beautiful but ohmy just stunning. I did the sneaky thing and watched the groom while she walked down the aisle and ah, it was all just too cute. 

After the wedding, those of us who weren't in the wedding party went back to our hotel for a bit of rest and relaxation before the reception and by that I mean like 12 of us sat in a hotel room and we all talked at the same time and no one had a clue what anyone else was doing or saying for two hours. 

Then it was time for the reception! Well, the shuttle to the reception. Thank goodness for the German bus driver. What a life saver! We gave him explicit instructions not end his night without taking us back.

One really cute thing they did at the reception was they set up a Polaroid camera and we were supposed to take a picture and leave a picture to create a photo wall for the newly weds. We had a lot of fun with that.

Brenna and Alex's first dance was a beautiful, choreographed routine and I would not have expected anything less from Ms. Bajor (now Mrs. Strine... that's weird). There was lots of food, including lemon sorbet in between the salad and main course, which obviously prompted a table wide reenactment of the infamous Princess Diaries scene although the results weren't nearly as dramatic.

It was an insanely good time all around. At one point, Rose and I called Ellen and brought her around the party on speaker phone. I'm not sure she actually heard much, but everyone was very excited that we called her since she couldn't be there with us. 

I can't believe that two of my friends are married! How is that even possible?! I don't know. I need to get ready for work tomorrow because I'm a grown up with a job who knows other grown ups who are married. Strange..................


No comments:

Post a Comment