Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I Got Crabs!

Yes, that is supposed to be an innuendo. No, it wasn't that type of crabs. I went to Abner's Crabhouse last night and that's "the please where it's OK to have crabs," but more on that in a minute.

I'm official
We aren't staying on the Indian Head Naval Base this week; we're staying in La Plata, MD, which is about 30 minutes away. We'd been told that the pass office at the Naval Base (where we need to stop every day so that we can get our permits) is very slow and that we should give ourselves way more time than we think we need. On Monday, we arrived exactly at 7 when the office opened and were done roughly 20 minutes later and yesterday, we arrived at 8 and were done at 8:05. We need to be on the Base at 9... Since we had all of this time yesterday (on Monday, we just went straight on Base to make sure we found where we needed to be), we decided to drive around Indian Head.

We ended up finding a dock, where I got some great, early morning photos. I also discovered that the Sony people left a speck of something on my camera's internal lens, but I was able to get that off without any issues. The speck was only showing up when I used the camera in certain modes which is why it took me a while to notice it but I will admit to being slightly indignant -- you'd think that with the amount of money they charged me to have the thing fixed, they'd return it clean!

Maryland, everyone.

After a wonderful day of rehearsal, I spent an inordinate amount of time looking out a window, watching what I believe was an incredibly fat woodchuck and then we drove an hour to Chesapeake Beach, MD to go to the Chesapeake Beach Waterpark. We're in an area where there are a lot of little museums and stuff but they all close before we get out of rehearsal, so we've been having a hard time finding things to do! The waterpark was a Water Wiz-wannabee. It didn't really have a lot and I spent most of my time there floating on the lazy river but I still had a good time and got some sun. After that, we walked around the area, enjoying the view of the Chesapeake Bay and then we went to Abner's Crabhouse where I got crabs! I got the softshell because it sounded good and I thought it was funny that it actually looked like a crab. I guess you would say that I don't eat anything with a face unless I eat it's entire body at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. You ate crabs? Soft-shell crabs? Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm your daughter who loves seafood and eats literally anything... I just assumed that I would like it. The plan is to get traditional blue crab tonight.

      Delete