Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Take Your Mom to Laundry Day and Walden Pond

It isn't all fun and games when you're on the road -- even when you're close to home -- but what might be everyone's least favorite part of working for MCT got a lot better this week because my mom came to laundry day on Monday!

There typically isn't much to do on laundry day besides washing the clothes and sitting but we snuck in a few selfies.

She also managed to improve on laundry day by taking us to Shake Shack and back to her house to do our costume sorting, instead of staying at the laundromat for that portion like we normally would. She also helped bundle the penguin costumes!

Yesterday, it was boiling out so while our original plan had been to go back into the city, we decided that a better idea would be to return to Walden Pond since we couldn't get there on Sunday.

It's like the Stonehenge of Concord.
Not really a Thoreau fan (you can't be a fan of something you haven't read yet) but it's always cool to see historic/literary landmarks. You can walk around the pond to the site of where his cabin is, but I must say that for all of the hype over his book, he didn't really go that far away from civilization, but since he's the one with the best-selling literary classic and not me, I guess I'll give him some credit. There was also a large pile of rocks outside the "house" and I don't know why they were there but I was told to add one, so I did. 
There was a sign with an inspiring quote but no sign that said, this is why a bunch of weirdos have made a giant rock formation that now appears to be large than the actual house that we're honoring. Like really, no one thought that would be useful?! After that, we finished up our lap of the pond and decided to go for a dip. It was really nice and I saw some fish. Perhaps I might have been in greater awe if I was a Thoreau fan, but the truth was, I was just happy to cool off after a long, hot day!

Walden Pond.







No comments:

Post a Comment