Sunday, July 12, 2015

20 States and Counting

Today, I hit my 20th state since June. (I'm sorry to anyone who I informed that it was 21, I miscounted apparently, it's 20). Since leaving Missoula on June 4th, I have driven through/stopped in 20 different states (including the District of Columbia).

Yesterday, before we left Maryland -- State #17 -- we stopped at the Samuel Mudd House. Dr. Samuel Mudd was the doctor who set John Wilkes Booth's leg after he assassinated Lincoln.

We were just at Ford's Theatre a few weeks ago so it was pretty interesting to continue that little walk through American history. Apparently, the Samuel Mudd House has been named the most haunted house in Maryland, not that we saw anything special while we were there. We did see the couch where John Wilkes Booth sat when he arrived at the house.


It was a pretty spiffy little tour and when it was over, it was time to drive through State #18 (Delaware) and into State #19 (New Jersey) to spend the night in South Plainfield with Mr. Ryan Lind. For those of you who do not know, Ryan is basically me but a boy. He came to visit me in Philadelphia last week and we're seriously starting to wonder how we ever made it more than five months without seeing each other when nine days was a legitimate struggle. We caught up on some Teen Wolf and ate some diner food (Melissa didn't know that New Jersey is diner country; we made sure that she learned that diners are just about all they have). We left this afternoon and I miss him already but now it is time to get cozy in State #20, New York! We will be working in West Point this week, which unlike a lot of the other places I've been, actually has some name recognition! It's such a change to have people actually have some idea of where you're going next. Quite refreshing if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment