Monday, October 5, 2015

Updates from Bridger

My horoscope said that this week would be a good week to get some writing done which I think is ironic considering that the outlet I used most frequently (this blog) requires WiFi and I don’t have that this week unless I go across the street.

I’m still going to blog however! I actually have a word document for just these situations. It is entitled “Blog” and it lives on my desktop. To make it feel more official, I added headings and subheadings and a watermark of passport stamps because I like to overachieve even when I’m doing something that no one is ever going to see.

This morning, I went for a walk. This meant walking Bridger end-to-end in about 30 minutes (including a stop at the Family Dollar). My walk on Sunday didn’t quite take me all the way to the end of town so I needed to change that and snap a picture of the Welcome to Bridger sign. I guess the girl at the Buffalo Jump Winery and the 2010 census were both wrong about the population count!

I also realized that my mental picture of the Bridger Scouts (which I discovered was their mascot when I walked past the school on Sunday) is not the intended picture. I imagined a boy scout and a girl scout with boxes of popcorn and cookies and while that might be a little more intimidating than Chinook’s anthropomorphic vegetable (the sugar beaters) or even Cohasset’s Gordon’s Fisherman (the Skippers), I don’t think it inspires fear in the hearts of its s enemies. I now understand that they means scouts as in those people that go out and survey the land before everyone else. I’m still not sure that it’s something to be scared of. Later in the day, I commented on it and learned that they recently had to change the mascot because it used to be an Indian Scout and "political correctness and all."


In a side note, I do try to keep track of the different mascots I encounter on my travels, so far this tour, it’s been the cougars, eagles and now scouts. 

We had auditions/started rehearsal today and tomorrow is my birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment