Friday, October 16, 2015

No Good Bookstore is Complete Without Kittens!

Josh and I had a full day yesterday! We got off to a slow start in the morning (where I taught Josh all about new Google Maps tricks and may have sent him something so that I might eventually become a guest blogger for Redfin...), but then we had a very full afternoon/evening! My favorite kind!!!

We went to lunch at Plum Bistro, which is a vegan restaurant from The List, that is known for it's mac and cheese (or mac 'n yease if we're being specific). They had really strange table settings here that included what we believed were tomatoes and we spent a good amount of our lunch speculating on them. Plum Bistro and I took Josh's verganity -- vegan virginity -- because this was the first vegan restaurant he'd ever been to! Even better, he really liked it and will probably go back. I loved the mac 'n yease, even if it did sort of look like dog food.

After that, we got ice cream at Molly Moon's! I love ice cream. I tried the Salted Caramel, which is Josh's favorite, but it was a little too salty for me (I liked the salted caramel at the Bi-Rite Creamery in San Francisco but as a general rule, I want my ice cream to be sweet). I went with "Melted Chocolate" which was really just regular chocolate -- I'd like to know why an ice cream place thinks naming any flavor "melted anything" is a good idea.

With full bellies, we marched on the the Twice Sold Tales bookstore. I'd read about it online, but I had no idea of what the future held. I don't think any good independent bookstore is complete without a cat, but this one had KITTENS! Kittens that you could carry around while you were in the store. Little, baby cats for me to play with!!! At one point, this meant chasing a kitten that got loose, but even that was fun! I was in heaven. Literally the greatest place on earth.

After that, we visited another bookstore from The List, the Elliot Bay Book Company. No kittens, but there was coffee (for Josh, not me).

Snapstickahs fah dayz
After all that walking, it seemed like a good time to finish off the second cupcake I got at Cupcake Royale on Wednesday and it was tasty. Josh and I watched an episode of How to Get Away with Murder and then we were off to hear about some real murders -- we went on the Spooked in Seattle walking ghost tour!

I thought the ghost tour was going to be more specific stories but it was a lot of history of the area and telling us about people who were murdered different places. One girl did get her hair pulled by a ghost, so that was pretty cool.

Rainbow sidewalks!
After the ghost tour, we went to Local 360 for dinner, which is a place I'd read about online, and is known because all of their food comes with a 360 mile radius. It was really good! I got a salad and some wood-grilled sourdough bread (no pics because the restaurant was all about the ambiance and was very dark). Josh had only been there for lunch but he approved as well (getting the meal I totally would have gotten if I wasn't a vegetarian, the steak).

We walked back to Josh's place and caught up on Empire! AKA our favorite show (Josh is all caught up which means I can actually talk to him about it as opposed to everyone else I know!!!).

We're taking things easy this morning and will head out in a little bit to do I'm not really sure what but I'm sure we'll have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment