Sunday, October 18, 2015

Just a Couple of Unicorns

So my last few days in Seattle are being condensed into a singular post because sorry, people, I was too busy having fun to write!

I guess the last thing I wrote about happened on Thursday, but a lot has happened since then! Josh took me to South Lake Union and I saw the Slut. Yes, there is a part of Seattle where the mode of public transportation shortens down to S.L.U.T (which probably beats both Charlotte and Charlottesville’s CAT system or even Boston’s T, which is named after yours truly). S.L.U.T is short for South Lake Union Transit or something like that and it is what dreams are made of. Josh also took me to get some really good pizza at Serious Pie.

After that, Josh and I went hunting for cookies – I’d already had donuts, cupcakes and ice cream while I was there, I needed more sweet stuff. We went to the Dahlia Bakery, which I deemed a success. Josh and I have always loved going to the movies so we went to see Goosebumps and I surprised everyone by resisting temptation and staying away from the popcorn!

We made dinner for ourselves – ok, I cooked while Josh watched – I made us grilled cheese on roasted garlic artisan bread with olive oil and just in case that sounds too pretentious, just know that our side dish was Lays potato chips. Apparently Josh loves me because I love American cheese which I guess is taboo in Seattle (also because I’m a bum like he is and leave my towel on the floor… sorry!). After that, we got gussied up because we were headed out for the night! I succeeded in seeing lots of things from The List while I was in Seattle, but one thing that I really wanted to see was The Unicorn Bar. It’s a bar named after me, after all! Josh had been there before so when I mentioned it, he knew exactly where it was and was game to go. I also looked up their menu and they have a Rainbow Brite shot! So I HAD to go because I am Rainbow Brite. (Josh had never heard of Rainbow Brite which upset me greatly and I made sure he knew all about her before we went out).
When we got there, it was everything I had dreamed it could be. I succeeded in getting my Rainbow Brite shot (watermelon schnapps, Svedka citrus vodka, sour, cranberry -- and although I don't know the exact parts, I could tell it was heavy on the watermelon) which was awesome and just like the bar itself, it was everything I ever wanted. 

One thing Josh told me before we got there was that there was a photo booth (which only increased my desire to go) and we quickly got in line. The girls ahead of us told us that the machine was broken because it didn’t taken good pictures of them (and yes, the screen was dead) but I was determined so we tried it anyways. Well, the girls ahead of us were dumb and had paid before they were ready which meant that the machine took the best photos of them that it possibly could have and our photos turned out to be absolutely amazing! Josh and I sort of accidentally crowded Anthony out of most of the photos but he actually approved
of that since Josh and I have known each other forever basically and he thought that they were all super cute. And they are the cutest! I want to cry when I think about them because I’m not sure that Josh and I have any better pictures together than these ones and they’re too perfect.

We spent the night at Anthony’s and had a very lazy morning the next day that involved a lot of college football. *Gasp*. I know, who am I? But Anthony and his roommates all went to Ole Miss so we had to watch. Josh and I eventually returned to his place where we spent my last day in Seattle being really, really lazy. We got him all caught up on How to Get Away with Murder and once we were done with that, I got him hooked on Quantico. I made dinner again – this time, I made a garlic parmesan pasta dish with crescent rolls on the side! And then we made some pull-apart cookies and ate an absolutely obscene amount to the point where we both would have thrown up if we attempted to eat anything else.

This morning, Josh saved the best for last and we went to what might be the greatest restaurant ever – Biscuit, Bitch. Yup, that’s its name. Everything in the menu has the word “bitch” in it!!! I went with the gritty, cheesy, scrambled bitch (with vegetarian gravy, of course) and it was awesome. I ate way too much, way too quickly but I have no regrets!!! I checked in on Facebook just to get a free commemorative sticker because how could I not?

Then I was dropped off at the airport and off on my merry way. I flew Alaskan Airlines back to Helena (direct flight! Whaddup!), which is where I am posting from and the location of this week’s residency. In terms of my aircraft, it is exactly what I expected, meaning teeny tiny, and I got a pretty cool picture of the propeller and the mountains because hipstah!
This week’s residency is my 26th which means that I’ve officially been doing this job for half a year – obviously anyone who has read this blog or knows me knows that I’ve spent the greater part of the last 10 months on the road, but this means that I’ve been straight up working with the kids, putting on plays in five days, for half of a year, which I think it crazy cool. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment