Friday, October 23, 2015

I've Done The Impossible

VICTORY
After nearly 11 months on tour and 24 years of life, I have done the impossible. Today, I hiked a mountain and took the trail I'd intended to take all the way to the top AND I didn't get lost along the way. This is a major victory for me! I've done something that, up to this moment, I'd never actually accomplished before! I deserve a party or at least cake.

This morning started with an assembly at the school which went really well (wayyy better than I expected actually) and then we had some time to play before going back to work!

So, hiking, man... I should change the name of my blog from "Thomson's Travel Blog" to "Seriously, That Girl Got Lost in the Woods AGAIN?!" because I feel like that is all I write about, but today, I didn't get lost!!! We hiked Mount Helena; I followed the trail I intended to and I made it to the top! The trail was the 1906 trail -- why it's called that, I do not know, I just know that it is there most popular trail and that I successfully took it. At some point, I was also supposed to see some Devil's Stairs or something named after Lucifer but I must have missed it (stop naming things in nature after Satan, world!).

Almost just as strange as me making it to the top without losing myself or getting injured, was that at over 5,000 feet on a mountain in the middle of Montana, I was able to get a WiFi signal!

The view of Helena from the top of the mountain was gorgeous. The pictures don't do it justice, but they're here for your enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment