Thursday, July 28, 2016

Those Hot Summer Nights

We've been blessed with air conditioning for most of this trip. This is not an accident; I am spoiled and willing to pay extra to be comfortable. We've had a few dorms without AC because it simply wasn't an option (or in the case of Antigua, they done goofed) and our dorm here is one of them. I've done well in the other dorms but last night was the first where I was too hot to sleep. Each bed here has a fan but based on the outlet situation, mine is at the foot of my bed. I said screw it and flopped over so the fan was straight on my face. It was not a good night in the dorm...

Also, I took my watch off last night and left it in the common area. I went to the front desk to see if they had it and the lady said that someone had turned in a brown watch. I said "Mine is pink" and when she went to double check, she pulled out my watch. My watch that was pink but had become faded and dirty from daily wear and tear. She looked at me and said "It's brown" before returning it. And suddenly, I needed to add "buy a new watch" to my list of things to do when I get home.

Speaking of buying stuff, parental units, Whitney has said she might be interested in a pair of real Birkenstock sandals for her birthday. She doesn't read my blog so this is an easy way for me to pass on this information without her knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment