Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bug Bites and Stomach Bugs: Our Last Day in Flores

Even though we've already spent an entire day in Antigua, I'd like to update you on our last day in Flores! We didn't do any little excursions today but don't think we wasted our last hours there because as you will read, we did not.

First off, my bug bites are doing better now, thank you for asking. Still not 100% and my back looks like some freaky modern art as these giant welts have bloomed in between patchy skin where my sunburn peeled off, but not the same level of excruciating pain the past two days. (If you didn't care about my bug bites, I have to wonder what you're doing reading this blog because all I ever talk about here is myself so I figured you'd be interested!).

Anyways, we actually started the day with some yoga. We found a sign advertising for it on the island and were able to book a session. It was very relaxing because why wouldn't it be when you're overlooking a lake on a sunny day in paradise? After that, we actually went to lunch with the yoga instructor who moved to Guatemala from Texas and gave us some ideas of what to do in Antigua and for other stops on our trip.

After that, we got tubes from our hostel and went to float in the lake! Flores doesn't have any real beaches or anything glamorous but we had fun in the sun and ended up playing some really stupid games that only we would think we're entertaining to begin with.

And then, I was bitten by another bug and this one was probably worse than a mosquito because I got to pack up all of my stuff and go to the bus station in 95° weather with a stomach bug! I was not a happy camper but fortunately, this bug healed up faster than my mosquito bites have because I was able to make it through the 10 hour overnight, non-air conditioned bus ride in the same amount of extreme discomfort as the rest of my fellow passengers and I didn't vomit on anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment