Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Time for Pie

This morning started out with a cinnamon roll, as all good days should. Mandy approved of my decision to eat the cinnamon roll that I got her, saying that she had lots of time for Ann Sather's (she'd meant to tell me to go there but forgot, luckily for us both, I did my research).

I didn't have a lot planned for the day -- lunch with Mandy and then nothing. Big, fat, nothing. Mandy and I went to The Protein Bar for lunch. They do "healthy healthier." I'm not sure what that means but their veggie quinoa chili was good.

After lunch, it was time for pie. I had a college professor who said that after every audition/performance he would "go get pie." This meant that he and his friends would go out and trash talk whatever they'd just seen and yes, pie was usually involved. I've never really been a pie person, but I have adopted the expression about getting pie.
This might have been part of the appeal of Hoosier Mama Pie Company. It was on The List and even though, as I've said, I'm not a big pie person, I didn't have anything to do, needed something to do and decided that this should be that thing. They had a lot of different pies -- I went with classic apple. It was good, but I wanted something ah-mazing from a store that sells nothing but pie. Warm would have been an improvement. Long story short, if I needed a pie for some type of event or party, I would order it from these guys, but if I wanted a snack, I wouldn't take the subway that way again.


After pie, I took the subway back towards Mandy's. I made a pit stop at the grocery stores to get supplies for the afternoon's activities, which included baking banana-walnut-chocolate chip bread for my favorite former tour partner and making some dinner for myself.

The bread I made (although I admittedly used the shortcut of store-bought cake mix) was superior to the pie in my eyes. I also got to lick the spoon, which I didn't get to do at the pie place. For dinner, I made a zucchini/beans/rice skillet. It was super easy and there are leftovers sitting in the refrigerator for Mandy when she gets home, but it was a little bland. I think next time, I'll add in some onion or something (fyi: the skillet did include more than just zucchini, beans and rice -- there were green peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes and cheese in there too).

Now I'm working on a plan for tomorrow as I multitask with a little bit of MCT work.

No comments:

Post a Comment