Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Color of the Lake has Yet to be Determined

I have been too cold to blog this past week because oh my goodness, it has been so far below freezing that I'm pretty sure I froze and have just finally started to thaw out. Which is great because now we're in the negative numbers again.

So, let me review my time in Kewaskum. First things first, it is KEY-wah-skum. And after that, not a lot happened. Jas and I fell into a comfortable routine of driving 10 miles to the nearest gym in the am, returning to our homestay, getting clean, and eating a lunch that was completely drenched in cheese before heading out to rehearsal. If that isn't "the dream" then I'm perfectly fine right where I'm at.

We put on two great shows yesterday with a surprise cameo! The surprise cameo was me. Roughly five minutes before showtime, Jas told the kids that we know the whole show and could step in for any of them at the last minute, *fast forward four minutes to someone getting injured and me putting on a child's costume*. Also, I had to be wearing a pair of socks that couldn't have possibly clashed more with the costume.
I look like a Keebler elf.
The thumbs up is because they videotaped the performance and Jas and I are super psyched to see it. And yes, I did wear my socks like that for the show because why not?

The actual color of the lake is still TBD
This morning was my shortest drive day in a year of touring! Actually, my shortest drive day up to this point had been Malta to Chinook last year at 69 miles and that would have been a year ago tomorrow, so I guess it's fitting that today beat the record by one whole mile. Jas's shortest drive day ever was 10 minutes long... I am not amused.

Our drive was only about an hour, so after saying goodbye to our homestay (who gave us each a loaf of homemade bread as a parting gift), we drove to the gym to make the best of our week long passes and then it was north to Green Lake, WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment