Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Stuffed French Toast

Sometimes, you just find really good food in the middle of nowhere. In fact, that's the majority of the concept of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives but seriously, today I had a meal where I could feel my arteries closing up on me. In 75 years, when I experience heart failure, I will look back on this moment as the one that did me in.

There is a restaurant here in Green Lake called The Little Corporal. Jas and I went there when we arrived on Sunday and I wanted eggs so I got a breakfast skillet that was fantastic (and covered in cheese) but I saw the item that I knew I'd have to come back for: deep fried french toast.

Yup, deep fried French Texas toast.

We went back today and I didn't just go for their French toast; I got their stuffed French toast. Let me explain: they took two pieces of Texas toast, battered them, deep fried them, stuffed them with cream cheese and covered them with strawberries, powdered sugar and whipped cream. I should be dead.

I took a pretty, pre-pig out aerial photo of my meal, but once I started to dig in, I realized that this was not a meal to be appreciated from the outside and that you blog-readers needed the uncensored version of events, so here you go:
Yummm.
Before I ordered, I told Jas that I wasn't sure I should be doing this and he told me that I could do anything I put my mind to. After lunch, I told Jas that just because I could put my mind to something doesn't mean I should because that was a lot of French toast for one person! I regret nothing, but still a lot of French toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment