Thursday, January 21, 2016

Bowl cozies and Kewaskum

Today, we got a little blast from the past! Actually, several blasts from the past. And by past, I mean last week.

First of all, we knew that we'd been interviewed by the Kewaskum newspaper and that they were planning an article on the play last week. We'd asked if they would email us a copy of the article, but since I am incredible impatient and knew that the paper was released on Thursday, I looked it up, and there we were on the front page of their trial e-paper app! If I zoomed in, I could kind of make out most of what had been written -- enough to see that both Jas and I were quoted, which is pretty cool. I took a screenshot of it on my phone so you can all test your vision and try to see what it says. Not being content to just see part of the article, I made the decision that I would try calling the paper (their number is 262-626-2626, I kid you not) to see if they would send us any copies of the paper and they will! Three copies will be going to Missoula where we can retrieve them in May! (Or the tour office might forward them to us at some point, we shall see).

So. Many.
Just as I got off the phone, our contact walked in with a woman. This woman lives in Green Lake but is also the sister of the woman that we'd stayed with in Kewaskum and was there to drop off a bag full of bowl cozies. Let me explain, our homestay last week proudly showed us her collection of bowl cozies, which you put around a ceramic bowl before you microwave it to save your fingertips from being melted off when your food is done cooking. We thought they were pretty cool but we never could have imagined someone handing us a bag full of bowl cozies just because! So, now Jas and I have a whole bunch of bowl cozies to fight over! Like a lot of bowl cozies! And I don't even have any bowls!!!

On top of all of that, one of the cast members made us rainbow cupcakes! What a time to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment