Friday, May 13, 2016

This is Because I Sent My Boots Home...

Last year, I sent my boots home with a few weeks left to go in the tour. I figured, I've only got a few weeks left, what is the harm? And then it snowed like a foot. It snowed in May! Thanks, Canada.

This year, I made myself a promise that I would not send my boots home for fear of a repeat weather catastrophe, but when I arrived in North Dakota on Sunday, it was 80 degrees and so I decided on Monday that it was safe to lighten my load and send my boots home.

Well, of course, the weather promptly got cold again BUT no precipitation UNTIL this morning, where there are currently snow flurries outside of my window. If you've read my past few posts, you'll know I'm a very short distance from the Canadian border, so thanks again, Canada. Actual snow is falling from the sky at this very moment! I don't know if this was caused by my own arrogance or if it's because it's Friday the 13th but either way, I threw myself down on the couch for a legitimate tantrum over this turn of events.

On top of all of that, my entire family is in North Carolina for Whitney's graduation and it's 70+ degrees there. (Side note: My family said "North" and I stopped listening which is how I ended up in ND when I should have gone to NC).

2 comments:

  1. This whole thing makes me want to watch Mandy singing the "Dear Thomson" song ... You should have a link here ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ5pXlFxLnw

      Delete