Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Back to the 406 and Onto the 617

So, I’ve been in Missoula since Sunday but I’ve been busy! Working and stuff! Cuz I had a job. Now I don’t and I’m a statistic (unemployed, struggling actor, ya know).

We had a long drive from North Dakota on Saturday and Sunday. North Dakota is very pretty, as in pretty flat. It was rather dull, except we had a book on tape to pass the time. I took a picture because the sun was still out and about at 9pm. We stopped in Williston for the night and I was able to revisit the Walmart that Mandy and I once drove to just to say that we drove to North Dakota to go to Walmart! We slept for a few hours and got back on the road. The sun was up before us because well, North Dakota is north…

We made really good time to get to Missoula and I was able to literally drive down memory lane as I passed by at least three old residencies. We reconnected with lots of friends on Sunday night and then we started check-in on Monday morning.

Check-in is, unfortunately, a special form of hell BUT Jas and I decided to make it fun for ourselves by dressing up. Jas got a Batman mask as a thank you gift from the cast in Cavalier so he wanted to wear that and I wore all black because on Mondays, we wear black.

Lots of checking in and such occurred and we turned in our truck. I did the math and we drove 9419.3 miles and worked with 974 kids in five months.

Today, I hung out at the tour office because my flight doesn't leave until tonight. I got to hang out with some friends and watch Jas train his new show, Sleeping Beauty. Jas met his new truck today and I mean new. The truck has less than 100 miles on it!!! BUT MCT 88, our home on the road (mine for five months, Jas's for nine) still reins supreme because it had automatic locks and Jas's new, yet-to-be-named truck does not! Jas and I watched our last episode of The Flash as tour partners and then he took me to the airport where we had a very teary goodbye (he was sobbing, I tried to tell him that he'd be ok without me, but I really don't know if he will be... ok, that is a very large embellishment, I told him that it was ok if he wanted to cry and he didn't).

I'm writing from the airport now. My flight leaves in an hour and I am very excited to be home. It has been a magnificent year and a half with MCT and I'm sure I'll be back in Missoula someday but for now, the next adventure is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment