Thursday, May 12, 2016

Icelandic State Park

Yesterday, we took a five mile drive to visit Icelandic State Park. We're not sure why it's called that and couldn't get an answer while we were there, but we did find something else while we were there. We actually saw/found a lot of things but I'll get to that extra special something in a moment...

We went on a really nice little walk/hike. It was lovely. I saw a frog, lots of birds, a chipmunk and even a snake. Good times!

Onto that other thing we saw... When we arrived, we stopped at the visitor's center to see if they had any helpful tips or advice before we went out. They didn't. After leaving, we thought of something that might have been helpful for them to tell us about... wood ticks. I told you that we found something else!!! So far, I only found one of me and one attached to my shirt (and I made sure that both are thoroughly dead by hitting them with my shoe approximately 10,000 times). I have to, however, say "so far" because Jas found another tick on himself at 10pm last night and the locals have said that they just show up, so yeah, um, that's cool. I'm not totally paranoid or anything! On the plus side, I looked it up and they don't carry lyme disease, so like, at least I don't have to worry about that at this time.

Oh well, today we're driving to Canada for pizza because that's a thing we can do here!

No comments:

Post a Comment