Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Mondovi Buffaloes

Mondovi, WI's school mascot is the buffalo. I have seen a lot of unique mascots in my time of the road (Chinook Sugarbeaters, Bridger Scouts and an unfortunate amount of [insert town name here] Indians) and I'd even had my share pre-TAD life (Cohasset High School's mascot is "The Skippers" which basically means that they dress someone up as the Gorton's Fisherman and the rest of the South Shore area of MA has unique and nautical themed mascots as well), but I have never seen this before!

And by this, I don't mean a buffalo, because I have seen those (thank you, Yellowstone). What I mean is that I have never seen a school with a giant buffalo statue on top of it! The Mondovi Buffalo is definitely the largest ode to school mascot that I have seen to date. Seriously, they put a buffalo on top of the school and if you don't believe me, I have photographic evidence!

Wow.
Giant mammals aside (and by the way, did you know that Congress is voting on whether or not to make the bison -- which is actually what you're supposed to call buffalo -- our national mammal) this week is going well... I mean, since I recovered from nearly being run over! Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment