Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Cape Cod of Wisconsin

I am writing to you from Door County, Wisconsin, which appears to be the Cape Cod of the Midwest. We're working in Brussels, WI this week, but staying in a town called Sturgeon Bay (in a 1950s themed hotel, I might add) and the whole area is made for tourists. We aren't complaining though because it means that there is a lot for us to do! They have a lot of county pride here, by the way. The towns are nice, but the county is the ultimate, apparently.

Today, Jas experienced his first ever wine tasting when we visited Door Peninsula Winery! It is Door County's oldest and largest winery (but not their only!) and we had a free tour coupon! This week is kind of crazy, so I treated myself to the aptly named Chaos Red, which has won some big awards for the winery, I guess. It tastes like cherries! And wine, obviously!

We'll have more time to explore Door County this weekend because our shows are on Friday so we have Saturday to ourselves, but I figured I'd share an update. 

I also just received my itinerary for my trip to Israel, so that is very real and getting closer every day! I can't believe how much is happening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment