Sunday, April 10, 2016

I Spy Cheese!

CHEESE
So, I might now be in Green Bay, the Mecca of football, but I need to write about  the awesome day I had in Edgar (ok, so most of it wasn't actually in Edgar, but it was in the area around Edgar, so it counts).

Our homestay wanted to take us out around the area and they started by taking us to the Wisconsin Dairy State Cheese Company in Rudolph, WI. Well, so much cheese, so little time. I literally didn't know where to look! They make cheese there, so I started with that. It was so beautiful!!! But seriously, we walked around and there was so much stuff and I just wanted all of it. We did end up getting a lot of cheese, including but not limited to three different types of cheese curds, two types of cheddar and some string cheese! That is a lot of cheese... Basically, I might have found heaven in central Wisconsin.

After cheese (yes, they were able to tear me away from the holy land), we drove to Wasau, WI to the Leigh Yawkey Museum which had a Walter Wick exhibit. You probably don't know that you know Walter Wick but you do. He created all of the artwork for the I Spy books! Not only were there plenty of opportunities to relive my childhood by looking at his pictures but they also had some of the models he used to create the photos! It was very cool.

So, today we said goodbye to Edgar but we'll be back at the same homestay in a week (which is good because I left my sweatshirt there) and now we're in Green Bay and yes, we're planning on going to that place where the cheeseheads get together to watch basketball or soccer or whatever sport they play here.

No comments:

Post a Comment